It’s definitely Christmas time here at the Scotch Whisky Experience! Last year, we brought you a crowd-pleasing spicy ginger and whisky cocktail to serve up to your guests; this year we’ve gone a wee bit more sophisticated – Bar Manager Ian has conjured up a citrussy Christmas cocktail that’ll go down a treat. Find the full video here, or take a look at our animated step by step guide below.
Citrussy Christmas Cocktail
Half a lime (plus extra to garnish)
Orange marmalade (we used the orange and whisky marmalade available in our onsite shop)
Cocktail shaker and tumbler
Chopping board and knife
A straw to help you create a lime twist
A chilled martini glass
- Peel a strip of peel off the lime (see step 9 for why you’ll be needing that later), then cut it in half. Juice one half into the tumbler
- Add a teaspoonful of orange marmalade to the tumbler
- Add half a measure of sugar syrup
- Add a shot of ginger liqueur
- Add a dram of Scotch whisky (around 25ml)
- Stir together for 30 seconds to dissolve the marmalade
- Shake with ice for 10 seconds
- Double strain into the chilled martini glass
- Use the strip of lime peel to create a garnish – make sure you give it a twist to release the oils from the lime.
Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!
Watch the full video via the Scotch Whisky Experience YouTube channel.