“If music be the food of love, play on”
France and Scotland, music and memories, whisky and food – in a nod to the Auld Alliance, we’re celebrating timeless matches this summer. We’re treating one lucky winner (plus a friend) to front-row seats and a two nights of exquisite entertainment at Christine Bovill’s extraordinary Fringe shows Piaf and Paris during August. Then, when the dust settles after the festival, join us here at the Scotch Whisky Experience for our incredible Taste of Scotland Experience for two, giving you the chance to understand just what makes whisky and delicious Scottish produce a match made in heaven.
Three unmissable nights out with your favourite person, in your favourite city.
Find out how to enter below…
About Christine Bovill
Christine Bovill is a Fringe performer who has achieved cult status and a dedicated following over the years. You’ll win front-row seats to both of her sell-out shows, a meet-and-greet after the show, and even a dedicated song during the performance.
Find her at the New Town Theatre during August on the dates listed below.
Fringe sell-out sensation returns for two performances only. Award winning singer Christine Bovill’s remarkable journey in chanson marries beautifully with Piaf’s triumphant and tragic story.
Be transported back to a Parisian scented twilight world, to the golden age of French Song, with songs and stories of Piaf, Brel, Aznavour, Barbara, Greco and more, with this award-winning show.
About the Taste of Scotland Experience
Scotch whisky and delicious Scottish produce are a match made in heaven, and you’ll find out why on our renowned Taste of Scotland evening tour. Starting with a Platinum whisky tour, you’ll receive a guided nosing and tasting of five contrasting single malt whiskies followed by an extended viewing of The World’s Largest Collection of Scotch Whisky, featuring 3,384 glowing amber bottles of unopened Scotch. After your tour, you will be escorted downstairs to our award-winning Amber Restaurant, where you’ll dine on a sumptuous three-course tasting menu featuring Scottish classics with a contemporary twist, with dessert matched with a final dram of whisky.
Sound like fun?
To enter our competition, just tell us how many bottles of Scotch whisky are in our famous whisky collection, via the link below ↓
Terms and conditions are below, and the closing date is Tuesday 7th August at 23:59 BST.
- To enter the competition, click the link above and answer the question.
- One entry per person.
- The competition will close at 23:59 BST on Tuesday 7th August.
- The winner will be selected after the closing date and contacted via Facebook messenger by the Scotch Whisky Experience within 3 working days of the competition closing. The Scotch Whisky Experience’s decision on the winner is final.
- The prize is for two adults to attend each of Christine Bovill’s shows during the 2018 Edinburgh Festival Fringe (Piaf (13th and 20th August 2018) and Paris (14th and 21st August 2018). and a Taste of Scotland experience for two adults at the Scotch Whisky Experience between 1st September and 20th December 2018.
- Over 18s only. Not valid with any other promotion.
- Bookings are subject to availability in all cases, and must be booked in advance. Winners should liaise directly with the Marketing team at the Scotch Whisky Experience for information on opening dates, times and availability.
- The tickets to Christine Bovill’s show are valid on the following dates: Piaf (13th and 20th August 2018), Paris (14th and 21st August 2018). The Platinum tour for two at the Scotch Whisky Experience can be taken between 1st September and 20 December 2018. Extensions are at the discretion of the Scotch Whisky Experience and are not guaranteed. Restrictions may apply to certain dates and times, depending on events, seasonal closure etc.
- Travel to or from the Scotch Whisky Experience or the New Town Theatre is not included in the prize. Winners will need to make their own arrangements for travel, sustenance and accommodation if necessary.
- To claim a prize, the winner must follow the instructions that will be supplied to them by the Scotch Whisky Experience on acceptance of their prize.
- Taste of Scotland for 2: The Taste of Scotland experience consists of a Platinum Whisky Tour plus a three course tasting menu (example menu can be found here). Additional drinks will be charged for. Please notify us of any dietary requirements when booking. The Taste of Scotland Tour experience is not available during the month of August due to access restrictions surrounding the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- The prize must be taken in whole, not in part.
- This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook in any way.
- The competition is restricted to non-employees of the Scotch Whisky Experience or Amber Restaurant.