Meet the World’s Whisky Blenders here at The Scotch Whisky Experience!
Moving from its established London home for the first time; the whisky element of the International Spirits Challenge is being held in Scotland from 5th-7th June 2012. Ten of the world’s most experienced Master Blenders will come together to judge in excess of 300 whiskies. Visitors to the Scotch Whisky Experience will be able, for the first time, to catch a glimpse of the experts at work with a live webcam linked to the Whisky Shop. There will also be a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet with the Blenders at a unique event; ‘An Evening with the World’s Master Blenders’ giving whisky lovers the opportunity to meet;
- John Ramsay, Chairman of the Judging panel, Scotland
- David Stewart, William Grants, Scotland
- Gordon Motion, The Edrington Group, Scotland
- Richard Paterson, Whyte & Mackay, Scotland
- Caroline Martin, Diageo, Scotland
- Seiichi Koshimizu, Suntory, Japan
- Tadashi Sakuma, Nikka, Japan
- Billy Leighton, Irish Distillers – Jameson, Ireland
- Angela D’Orazio, Mackmyra Svensk Whisky, Sweden
A chance to chat informally with each of these renowned whisky experts will be followed by a tutored tasting of a special dram by Richard Paterson, Master Blender with Whyte & Mackay. The evening will conclude with a question and answer session hosted by the judges’ Chairman, John Ramsay, former Master Blender with Edrington. Be ready to discover some of the secrets behind the world’s most famous whiskies.
Ticket price is £25 per person including whisky and canapes. There will also be the opportunity to take away a full bottle of Scotch Whisky in our charity lucky dip. Tickets for this event can be purchased here: http://bit.ly/Jl7J70